Are you looking for a procedure to set up your Windstream email account lately? Then here we are to make your task easier and quicker. The following guide brings to you Windstream email settings manual procedures for devices such as iPad, Android, Windows, and Outlook. Let’s check them all out one by one.
Windstream Email Settings for iPad
This quick method will help you configure the Windstream IMAP email settings on your iPod or any other iOS devices.
- On the home screen of your iOS device, click on the ‘Settings’ icon.
- Move to the ‘Mail, Contacts, and Calendars’ folder and open it.
- Under the ‘Accounts’ tab, click on the ‘Add Account’.
- If ‘Windstream’ is not showing in the list, click on the ‘Other’.
- Hit the option of the ‘Add Mail Account’.
- On the next page, fill in with the enlisted details:
- Your first and last name
- Your entire Windstream email address
- In the ‘Account description’ box, write down the type of account such as ‘Windstream Business/ Home Account’ and click on the ‘Next’.
- Now, choose the ‘IMAP’ for Incoming and Outgoing email server.
- Type down ‘imap.windstream.net’ as the ‘Hostname for the Incoming Mail Server’.
- Enter the entire ‘Email Address’ and Password in the required tabs.
- Similarly, enter the ‘smtp.windstream.net’ as the ‘Hostname for the Outgoing Mail Server’.
- Enter your entire ‘Email address’ with its ‘Password’ again for the ‘Authentication process’ and click on the ‘Next’.
- You will receive a notification regarding the ‘Verification message for IMAP account details’.
- Wait for a while to connect to the entered server and click on the ‘Yes’ when a ‘Your email setup is now complete’ message pops up on your screen.
Note: Users looking for the Windstream.net email settings for iPhone can also apply the aforementioned steps.
Once you are done with the easy 14 steps mentioned above, click on the ‘Close’ and ‘Finish’ button.
Windstream Email Settings for Outlook 2007
If you want to configure the Windstream email settings into the Outlook 2007, here are steps you must follow. Read and implement to set up your Windstream email account in Outlook.
- Launch Outlook 2007 on the Windows system and click on the ‘File’ button.
- Drop down the options and choose the ‘Add Account’ tab.
- From the expanded options, select the option of ‘Manually configure Windstream email account settings’ and click on the ‘Next’.
- Choose the ‘Internet Email’ and enter the account details as follows:
- Enter your ‘Preferred Name’ in the ‘Your Name’ tab.
- Enter the ‘Windstream email login address’ in the ‘Email Address’ tab.
- Drop down the option of the ‘Select Account Type’ and choose the option of the ‘IMAP’.
- Now, fill in the form with the enlisted details:
- In the ‘Incoming Mail Server’, type down ‘imap.windstream.net’.
- In the ‘Outgoing Mail Server’, type down ‘smtp.windstream.net’.
- Enter your entire ‘Windstream Email Address’ as the ‘User Name’
- Type down the correct ‘Password’.
- Now, navigate towards the ‘More Settings’ and choose the ‘Advanced tab’ to open.
- Check the box of ‘SSL’ under the ‘IMAP mail server will require an encrypted connection’.
- Enter ‘993’ as the ‘IMAP port number’.
- Check the box of ‘TLS’ under the ‘Type of encrypted connection.’
- Enter ‘587’ as the ‘Outgoing Server Port number’.
- Go back to the ‘Outgoing Server’ tab again and enter the details as follows:
- Click on the ‘Yes’ option when the ‘My SMTP requires authentication’ pops up on the screen.
- Choose the option of ‘Use the same server settings as the aforementioned IMAP settings.
- Click on the ‘OK’ and ‘Next’ buttons consecutively.
- Wait until he devises cross-checks the ‘Windstream.net email settings’. Once it is completed, click on the ‘Close’ and ‘Finish’ respectively.
After implementing the steps mentioned below, your Windstream email account will be configured in Outlook 2007. Now, access your Windstream email login on Outlook and send and receive emails.
How to Set Up Windstream Email On Android?
Follow the steps mentioned below to configure www.windstream.net email settings on your Android device.
- Start your Android device and open the ‘Applications Tray’.
- Choose the ‘Email’ or ‘Mail’ application to open.
- Select the option of ‘Add Account’ and enter the following details:
- Enter the ‘Windstream.net email address’ in the ‘Email Address’ tab.
- Provide the correct ‘Password’ in the required field to verify your account.
- Click on the ‘Next’ and choose the ‘IMAP Mail Server’ from the expanded options of ‘Account type’.
- Follow the on-screen instruction and enter the IMAP settings, click on the ‘Next’ tab, and fill in the ‘SMTP settings’.
- Username – Email address
- Password – Password for the prior email ID
- In the ‘IMAP – Incoming Mail Server’, enter ‘imap.windstream.net’.
- Fill in the ‘IMAP Port Number’ with ‘993’.
- Check the ‘SSL’ box as the ‘Encrypted Network’ and enter ‘143’ as the Port Number.
- In the ‘SMTP – Outgoing Mail Server’, enter ‘imap.windstream.net’.
- Fill in the ‘IMAP Port Number’ with ‘587’ or ‘25’.
Note: Email experts recommend to use the SSL connection for IMAP or SMTP while setting up the Windstream email account to any Android device.
- Click on the ‘Next’ button, enter the ‘Name’ for your account, and complete the setup with the click on the ‘Done’.
Once you have successfully configured the www.windstream.net email settings on your Android device, you can browse your emails.
Windstream Email Settings for Windows Vista
This method will take you through the easy to execute steps of configuring the windstream.net email settings on Windows Vista. Follow and set up your email account at the snap of the fingers.
- Start the ‘Windows Vista’ system and open the ‘Mail’ open application.
- Select the ‘Tools’ menu and further click on the ‘Accounts’.
- Choose ‘Add’ option and select the ‘Email account’.
- Hit the option of ‘Next’ and enter the following details:
- Windstream Username (Full Name)
- Email address
- Then, Enter the ‘Host Names’ for the incoming and outgoing mail servers as follows:
‘imap.windstream.net’ in the ‘IMAP host name’.
‘smtp.windstream.net’ in the ‘SMTP host name’.
- Check the option of ‘Outgoing Mail Server requires authentication’ and click on the ‘Next’.
- In the ‘Email username’ tab, enter your entire ‘Windstream Email Address’ and provide the password again.
- Click on the ‘Next’ and ‘Finish’ consecutively.
Now, you can access the Windstream email login on Windows Vista.
We hope you could set up your Windstream email account after configuring its correct email settings. In case you are looking for any further professional guidance, do not shy away. Leave a comment regarding your Windstream Email Login and settings query and our representatives will instantly contact you.