Windstream login issues are common. You can fix them all on your own with a little guidance. This is why we bring to you this quick guide addressing all your concerns and queries regarding Windstream email login issues at the snap of the fingers. So here we go:
Windstream Login Issues
Let’s understand in brief what could be the Windstream login account issue that you’re struggling with, and then we go in detail to fix that up :
- Create New Windstream account
- Accessing the Windstream login account
- Recovering Windstream email account’s Username
- Resetting the Windstream email Password
How to Create Windstream Login Account for New Users
For Windstream email login, one must create the account manually. Users have to choose unique easy-to-remember username and password. Here are the steps to create a Windstream login account:
- Visit the windstream.net login page.
- Choose a unique username as well as password.
- Select the Sign-up button, next to the sign-in tab.
- You would be asked to create a profile. Enter all your personal information such as date of birth, first name and last name, origin country, etc.
- Choose the security questions from the list of options. You need to answer two security questions. Please ensure that you remember the answer. Security questions will be used to verify your account in case you forget your Windstream email login credentials in future.
- After entering all the required information, click on ‘Create my account’ to set your Windstream login credentials.
- Once the account is set up, visit the Windstream login page. Enter the username and password, and hit the Sign-in button to access your Windstream inbox.
How to Access the windstream.net Email Login?
Just like Gmail or Suddenlink, you can simply visit the Windstream login account page, and do the following :
- Browse https://www.windstream.net email login page
- Click on the Sign-in link, and type in your Windstream’s username and password.
- Hit the Sign-In button now to access the email account.
Always tick the ‘Remember me’ box before hitting the sign-In button. It will prevent you from typing username and password every time you access the Windstream mail.
How Do I Find My Windstream Email Login Username or Password?
To recover your Username :
- Click on the ‘forgot username’ option via Windstream email login page.
- After clicking the link, fill out the following details: User Type (select Customer), E-Mail Address, Account Number, and Billing Zip Code.
- Click on the green-coloured ‘Continue’ button, and follow the on-screen instructions.
- On the next page, fill out the answers to the first and second security questions. These are the same security questions you answered at the time of registering a Windstream email login account.
- After completing the security questions, type in your new password. In order to reset your Windstream’s account username, you need to completely choose a new password.
- You will need your existing username at the top of the screen, asking you to choose your new password. Make sure that the password is strong and easy-to-recall.
- Click on the OK button. You’d be redirected to the Windstream login page. Enter your recovered username along with the new password to access your inbox.
How Do I Set up my Windstream Email in Microsoft Outlook?
Windstream users can enjoy their email services with Microsoft Outlook. Follow these instructions to set up the Windstream login account :
- Click File > Add Account > Manually configure server settings or additional server types.
- Click Next
- Select Internet Email.
- Add the following details in the required field :
- Your Name – Your preferred name for the Outlook account.
- Email address – Your windstream.net email login username.
- Select Account Type: IMAP.
- Incoming mail server – imap.windstream.net.
- Outgoing mail server – smtp.windstream.net.
- Username – Your windstream.net email login username.
- Click More Settings > Advanced Tab.
- Enter the following information in the required field :
- Check the box – ‘This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)’
- For Incoming Server Port number, key in 993.
- Under the section, ‘’Use the following type of encrypted connection’’ select TLS.
- For Outgoing Server Port number, enter 587.
- Click the Outgoing Server tab and specify the following :
- Click to tick on the checkbox next to ‘My outgoing server(SMTP) requires authentication.
- Click to tick on the checkbox next to ‘Use same settings as my incoming mail server’.
- Click on OK button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and click on the Next button.
- Click on the Finish button to complete the configuration.
Conclusion: We hope that the afore-mentioned guide will help you fix all your Windstream Email Login related issues. For any query, drop a message in the comment section below. Our experts will get back to you on the same in a timely manner.