Life without the internet is not possible in today’s time and we will have no access to any kind of information without it. If you are experiencing the Windstream internet problems in between something and wondering how to resolve it, you are on the right page. This article will teach you some easy and advanced ways of how to troubleshoot internet issues.
Additionally, you will also learn the main causes of it, which will help you prevent problems with Windstream internet service in future times.
Windstream Internet Problems: Main Causes
Before you jump on how to fix the problems with Windstream internet service, go through the possible reasons of why you are experiencing internet issues mentioned below.
- Windstream internet modem’s distance from the location of PoP (Points of Presence) affects the internet speed. Websites with far-off servers are going to be so much slower.
- Another possible reason why you are facing Windstream internet problems is that your equipment is old or facing some other technical glitch.
- Website Traffic – There are no Windstream internet problems on your end neither from theirs. You are just on a website that is being visited by millions at the same time over an overloaded network. For example, watching an international match on the same platform.
- Virus Attack – It is possible that your system has been attacked by viruses and malware or unnecessary programs are running on your device that are blocking the internet services.
We hope you could figure out what is triggering your internet connection, wondering how to fix it? Here you go:
Windstream Internet Problems: Easy Fixes
Want to get rid of problems with Windstream internet service quickly? Before jumping on the advanced fixes, read and implement the enlisted easy fixes.
Enable the Laptop’s Wireless Adapter
If your laptop has a switch to turn on/ off the wireless adapter. If you turn off the button, the Windstream internet connection will be lost. Below is how you can enable the wireless adapter as per your type of device.
- Press long on the ‘Fn’ button and turn on the Wireless connection.
- Click on the ‘WiFi Toggle’ near the Wi-Fi lamp above the keyboard and the wireless adapter will be on.
Perform a Soft Reset on your Windstream Internet Network
By performing the soft reset on your network, the junked caches will be cleared.
- Click on the ‘Disconnect’ button.
- Open the router console and expand the menu options.
- Click on the ‘Restore Factory Defaults’ and complete the process of soft reset on the network.
Restart your Device
At times, by restarting your computing device you can get rid of many major issues such as Windstream internet problems.
- Navigate to and click on the ‘Start’ button.
- Choose the ‘Power’ option.
- Hit on the Restart option.
Perform a Hard Reset on your Internet Network
If you are facing Windstream internet connection problems and wondering how to resolve it within a few minutes, perform a hard reset on the network.
- Press long on the ‘Reset’ button for 30 seconds.
- The Windstream internet modem will reboot.
- Go to the router and find the ‘Reset’ button.
- Press and hold on the ‘Reset’ button on the router for half a minute.
If your ‘Reset’ button is not reachable, use a paperclip and perform the aforementioned steps to get rid of the Windstream internet connection problems.
Switch Off and On the Windstream Internet Modem and Router
You can solve many minor Windstream internet problems just by turning off and on the modem and router consecutively.
- Switch on the ‘Power’ button of the router.
- Unplug the cable from the modem.
- Switch off the ‘Power’ button of the modem.
- Unplug the cable from the router.
- Wait for a few minutes and rest your devices.
- Plug the cable back in the router and modem consecutively.
- Click on the ‘ Like restarting your computer, this can solve the bulk of minor Internet issues.
Sit Nearer to the Router
If the internet connection has to go through a lot of obstacles like rooms, furniture, and more, you may face some Windstream internet problems. Make sure you could draw a clear line from your location to the router and modem. Hence, either sit nearer to the router or take the router closer to your computing device. This will give you a consistent and strong internet connection.
Connect your Device to the Route with a Cable
If you are accessing the internet via a wireless connection, try to access it using a cable. At times, the internet problem occurs due to errors in the equipment not in the services.
- If you can access the internet without any problem after connecting your computing device to the router with the help of a cable, there is a problem with the wireless reception of your device.
- If you still face the Windstream internet problems, the computer is able to connect to the Internet while connected directly to the modem, then the issue is likely caused by your router.
We hope these easy fixes helped you in troubleshooting the internet problems in no time. If you are still facing the same, go through the advanced fixes before dialing the Windstream internet problems phone number for help.
Windstream Internet Problems: Advanced Fixes
Could not deal with the problems with Windstream internet service? Nothing to worry about, apply the enlisted method, and repair the internet connection with the snap of the fingers.
Clean Unwanted Caches form the Browser
Follow the enlisted steps to clean the caches jammed by the sites you visited earlier.
- Head to the ‘More’ section by clicking on the top right corner of the browser.
- Select the ‘Clear browsing data’ option and choose ‘All-time’ as the time range.
- Tick on the ‘Delete the cached images and files’ and erase them by hitting the option of ‘Delete’.
Now, the errors in the database will be fixed and so will be the Windstream internet problems.
Repair Internet Connection
Follow the below-mentioned steps to fix the problem in your software and the problems with Windstream internet service will also be fixed.
On the Windows system
- Click on the ‘Windows’ and ‘R’ keys together and the Run box will open.
- Enter ‘ncpa.cpl’ and hit the ‘OK’ option.
- Select the ‘Diagnose’ from the expanded options of ‘Network adapter.
On the Mac System
- Go to the ‘Apple menu’ and drop down its options.
- Click on the ‘System Preferences’ and select the ‘Network’ option.
- Choose the ‘Diagnostics’ option from the ‘Assist Me’ section.
Now, complete the on-screen instructions and repair the Windstream internet problem issues manually.
Clean the DNS Cache of the Device
When the DNS caches get corrupted or outdated, it blocks the websites to process faster and many other problems with Windstream internet service. Delete the outdated and corrupted DNS cache by following the enlisted steps:
- Click on the ‘Start’ on the Windows and search for ‘Command’.
- Click right on it and choose the ‘Run as Administrator’ option.
- Enter ‘ipconfig/ flushdns’ and click on the ‘Enter’.
After the DNS caches are cleared, you will receive a message and the Windstream internet problems will be fixed.
Use Another Browse
If there is any problem in the browser, switch to another one. If you have only one internet browser, update it so that it does not create any further problem.
Perform a Virus Scan
Detect and remove the viruses that are causing the Windstream internet problems. Follow the steps mentioned on Windows to perform a virus scan.
- Start your Windows and search for ‘ Windows Security’.
- On the application, click on the ‘Virus and Threat Protection’.
- Hit the ‘Quick Scan’ option and let it scan the device.
- After the device is scanned and virus or malware is detected, click on the ‘Troubleshoot’.
- Once the troubleshooting process is finished, restart it and the problems with Windstream internet service will also be resolved.
We hope all the easy and advanced fixes helped you in getting rid of the Windstream internet problems you were facing. In case you are seeking more help regarding the Windstream Login, do not hesitate to contact our experts, introduce your doubts to them, and let them resolve the problem.